Currently Reading

Currently Reading: The Undivided by Jennifer Fallon

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Mini Review: Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Ender’s Game – Orson Scott Card (Published 1985)
Genre: Science Fiction
Sub-genre: Military
Completed: January 6 2011

Ender’s Game is a superb novel. Read it.

I should stop there.

Ender’s Game is deservedly acknowledged as a classic of the genre. It offers an ideal gateway for readers new to Science Fiction – long-term readers have probably enjoyed it already (I’m very late to the party). It is flawlessly paced. I enjoyed the twists of the plot even having been spoiled. The conclusion is incredibly moving and simply perfect for the hauntingly memorable Ender.

I can happily remove Ender’s Game from my list of shame. It was worth the wait, but if you haven’t read it, don’t wait. My first read of 2011 is an early contender for my favourite of the year. It will take some beating. A full 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment